Top 10 Indian Films Day 1 Records Of 2016
Published : Jan 19, 2017 10:34 pm
South Indian as well as North Indian Films of 2016 won
Millions of Hearts with unique scripts & tremendous collections at
Box-Office. Many small budget films shook Box-Office with unexpected
range of collections. We would like to present Top 10 1st Day Highest
Grossers of Indian Films in 2016.
1. KABALI (July 22nd release) - With high expectations this Film shattered at Box-Office leaving everyone disappointed but first day collections were jaw dropping as expected for International Superstar like Rajini Kanth. This film collected 52.90 Cr GROSS on first day and made every South Indian feel proud.
2. SULTAN (July 6th release) - Bollywood Box-Office Superstar Salman Khan always releases his films on Eid. When Eid comes Salman khan film comes along as a huge treat for his fans allover. Sultan collected 36.54 Cr GROSS on its first day.
3. JANATHAGARAGE (Sept 1st release) - After struggling with line of failures Jr.NTR bounced back like a king with this film. It collected 34.97 Cr GROSS on first day and showed his real stamina at Box-Office.
4. SARDAAR GABBARSINGH (April 8th release) - Pawan Kalyan started his second innings with Super Hit Gabbar Singh and the sequel of this tumbled at Box-Office with expectations at par. It collected 33.51 Cr GROSS on first day despite flop talk which depicts his following.
5. DANGAL (Dec 21st release) - Mr.Perfectionist of Bollywood Aamir Khan is in talk of the town with his recent release Dangal, A true story based on a Wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat. It collected 29.78 Cr GROSS with demonetization as a no problem.
6. M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (Sept 30th release) - Biopic on MS Dhoni raised craze and expectations before the release and kept up the expectations after the release as well. On screen character of Dhoni portrayed by Sushanth Singh Rajput. This film collected 21.30 Cr GROSS.
7. BRAHMOTSAVAM (May 20th release)- After Seethama Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, Mahesh Babu paired up with Addala Srikanth for this film based on family relations. Amidst huge expectations it got disaster talk everywhere. It collected 20.25 Cr GROSS.
8. NANNAKU PREMATHO (Jan 13th release) - Most Stylish film in Jr.NTR's career with Mind game as main plot. This film got mixed response on first day but impressed with collections. It collected 20.02 Cr GROSS.
9. FAN (April 15th release)- Shah Rukh Khan slowed down at box office in terms of business with continuous flops in his kitty. His acting in Fan got lot of appreciation but film didn't do well. It collected 19.20 Cr GROSS.
10. THERI (April 14th release) - Superstar Ilayathalapathy Vijay has huge fan following after Rajini Kanth in Tamil Industry. Vijay did splendid job as usual even in 2 shades of characters. Atlee directorial Theri collected 18.95 Cr GROSS.
* note : Above mentioned collections are excluding Overseas.